BBVA Compass Appl Prog Analyst I in BIRMINGHAM, Alabama
At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
• Development of a robust infrastructure that will supply the information necessary to satisfy the data analysis and reporting requirements of users throughout the organization.
• Work cross functionally with various client groups to address business needs.
• Oversee the design, construction and integration of existing relational databases and data warehouse infrastructures.
• Production support activities related to database and warehouse architecture. Respond to end user inquiries related to data marts and warehouse problems and issues.
• Work with business stakeholders to develop business requirements for necessary reporting efforts.
• Define and develop logical and physical data models to support departmental reporting needs.
• Participate in and contribute to technical requirements, operational support documentation, and collaborative design discussions to convert business requirements into technical solution.
• Collaborate with clients, programmers, and designers for the development of database / software programs and applications.
• Administer and ensure adherence to project management methodologies, resource management practices and change management procedures.
• Lead in the defining, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications.
• Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing applications for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Manage the creation of and maintenance of documentation, user manuals and guidelines individual data marts.
• Oversee the execution of daily and End of Month processes.
• Provide and oversee after-hours support.
Requirements for Position:
• BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience, typically two to four or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT design and delivery
• Experience in designing, developing and tuning complex SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts
• Knowledge of working in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
• Experience with data modeling concepts, including Star and Snowflake schemas and ROLAP
• Experience with data file conversions, UNIX / Linux scripting, tools like Microsoft VISIO, data modeling tools
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel
• A critical thinker with strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Detail-oriented, excellent ability to multi-task: addressing critical daily issues as well as keeping focus on strategic tasks
• Process-oriented with the ability to efficiently identify root cause to establish repeatable/sustainable processes
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing organizations, changing business needs, etc.
• Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus
• Ability to integrate company goals and objectives into department goals and activities
Job ID 2019-120781
Site Name AL-BIRMINGHAM-BIRMINGHAM SERVICE CENTER
Work Location US-AL-BIRMINGHAM
FLSA Status EXEMPT
Type FULL TIME
EOE Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.