BBVA Compass Supervisory Principal I-II in BIRMINGHAM, Alabama
At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
The Supervisory Principal is responsible for recognizing and assessing investment suitability risk by exercising good judgement based on review of client and product information. This team member will be responsible for thoroughly analyzing the associated data and documentation to decision the related trades and accounts.
All trades placed at the firm will be reviewed for completeness and suitability. The Supervisory Principal will evaluate sales for pertinent information collected by the Financial Advisor regarding the client. They will question any e document discrepancies or findings via email or telephone and document each sale with resolution of findings. In addition to approving new brokerage accounts for completeness and suitability, the Supervisory Principal approves trades daily for mutual funds, annuities, life insurance, 529’s, bonds, UITs, structured notes and CDs for suitability. The Supervisory Principal will also participate in the training of newly licensed employees in procedures and paperwork.
Review annuities and life insurance for completeness and suitability. Verify source of trades and compare 1035 exchanges and investment switches. Ensure the sale was made in the client’s best interest.
Evaluate transaction activity with respect to breakpoints, appropriate share class and potential suspicious activity or other regulatory red flags.
Use independent judgment to analyze complex situations and make sound decisions that mitigate regulatory risks.
Review and approve trades daily for mutual funds, bonds, UITs, structured notes and CDs for suitability.
Review new accounts for suitability and completeness. Determine if there are any red flags that could indicate fraudulent accounts.
Provide compliance training as necessary; train newly licensed employees in procedures and paperwork.
Collaborate with department management to establish and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with new and existing securities laws, rules and regulations
Other duties as assigned.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present department presentations.
• Display strong computer skills, quantitative and analytical abilities.
• Strong proof reading skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to be a self-starter, to work independently and in a team environment, with limited supervision
• Establish a consistent level of quality and accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to apply analysis, independent judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions.
• Ability to manage work demands and pressures while demonstrating integrity and respect.
• Ability to produce accurate work and communicate effectively under stressful situations.
• Able to communicate well with Senior Management.
• Excellent prioritization, time management, organization and follow-up skills.
• Position requires substantial knowledge of regulations dealing with the financial industry.
• Ability to perform effectively with a positive “can do attitude” in a fast-paced environment
• High level of initiative and motivation.
Must meet credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history, review of credit report, civil litigation, liens, and other public records.
Bachelor's degree in management, finance, or other closely related field is preferred, along with two to four years of experience in a principal review desk position.
Requires an in-depth knowledge of state and federal securities laws, practices, and regulations in addition to strong analytical, communication and technical skills.
Great attention for detail is a must.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Proficient in Word and Excel.
A series 7, 63, 24, and Life Insurance licenses are required. Series 53 is a plus. Passing the Series 53 exam within six months of accepting the position is required.
Job ID 2019-119466
Site Name AL-BIRMINGHAM-CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Work Location US-AL-BIRMINGHAM
FLSA Status EXEMPT
Type FULL TIME