BBVA Compass FRAUD INVESTIGATOR II in denver, Colorado
At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
A Corporate Investigator must be able to conduct comprehensive investigations of all types of internal and external bank related fraud. When necessary, act on behalf of their manager to assist investigative peers. Act as a mentor to other team members and always maintain a team concept.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to conduct comprehensive detailed investigations for all levels of investigations.
• Must be able to conduct interviews with internal and external clients maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
• Be familiar with state and federal statutes and the ability to conduct research of statutes to ensure bank remains compliant.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to conduct training sessions for internal and external clients as necessary.
• Must be able to utilize bank systems and tools for obtaining information and documenting cases.
• Prepare investigative reports for law enforcement, bank management ensuring case are documented in chronological order of events while only maintaining the facts therein.
• Ensuring that cases that require regulatory filings are being referred to the appropriate department.
• Recover funds related to bank fraud through industry standard methods.
• Support lines of business within BBVA.
• Attend monthly meetings with law enforcement and other financial institution bank peers to identify fraud trends and fraud rings.
• Report “Real time” fraud related activity. Ensuring that the affected BBVA area is being notified and provided fraud prevention tips.
• Must be able to multi-task multiple cases at a time and maintain case closures within 30 days.
• Able to follow the directions of management.
• Bachelor degree or at least 10 years of fraud related investigative experience or combination of education and experience.
• Must hold an approved professional certification with ACFE, IAFCI, or other industry recognized certification related to fraud, or be able to obtain within six months of hire.
• Must maintain their professional certification in good standing.
• Possess a wide range of white collar crime related experience
• Knowledge of and ability to operate computer related activities including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, Google mail.
• Must demonstrate a team mentality.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Job ID 2018-116318
Site Name CO-DENVER-DENVER DOWNTOWN
Work Location US-CO-DENVER
FLSA Status NON-EXEMPT
Type FULL TIME
EOE Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.