BBVA Compass Compliance Risk Specialist I-II in houston, Texas
At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
J O B SUMMARY
The Compliance Risk Specialist is responsible for the implementation and oversight of regulatory and compliance related activities within the Consumer and Commercial Bank. This position works with the C&CB Compliance Champion to strengthen first line of defense activities within the Retail, Commercial, Wealth Management, Mortgage, and BSI segments- ensuring the LOB is compliant with regulatory and bank standards. This position will be accountable for the development of compliance monitoring activities within the C&CB and coordinating regulatory and compliance requirements with Compliance, Risk, Legal and other partners. The position will promote and ensure compliance with applicable federal consumer lending laws and regulations.
Coordinate execution of compliance related tasks within C&CB – conduits to the line of business and partnership with compliance subject matter experts
Tactical oversight – discovery of potential issues within the first line of defense and development/coordination of remediation activities
Aid in the development of new monitoring and controls
Manage implementation of consumer controls to be determined by compliance risk assessment process
Assist in the measurement of performance to risk appetite
Develop action plans in first line of defense to mitigate high and critical risks identified in risk assessments
Strengthen action plans from Risk Management Tracking System based on assessment results
Coordinate ongoing risk assessment exercise with compliance and the line of business
Continued focus on improving communication efforts between first and second line
Participate/Coordinate compliance risk workshops with FLOD and second line membership
Development and ongoing maintenance of risk and regulatory dashboard reporting
Overseeing development of appropriate Risk Management reporting and assessments on key regulatory risk initiatives, including identification of key risk indicators and controls
Ambassador to create a culture of compliance within the first line of defense
Interact with regulators as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of five years proven and progressive financial services operations, internal audit, risk, compliance and/or legal management experience or equivalent
Must be able to work effectively and independently, meet deadlines, and make sound decisions
Strong project management skills and attention to detail
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
Working knowledge and/or background in identification of Risk(s) and Control(s)
High level of motivation as well as strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with both internal and external constituencies
Broad scope of knowledge of financial services business including products, operations, systems and organization
Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to probe sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of integrity and objectivity
Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel
· Analytical and open-minded, able to provide an objective assessment based on verified data.
· A confident communicator able to present information, in detail, summary or response, to all levels of management.
· Strong computer skills, including experience with word processing, spreadsheets and internet applications.
· A reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
· Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ADA
· No unusual physical requirements. All work is typically performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
· Job requires the ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
· Job requires frequent sitting, talking, hearing and handling objects with hands.
· Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching or lifting up to 10 pounds.
· Job typically has routine deadlines, usually with sufficient lead time.
· Variance in work volume is usually predictable and priorities can be anticipated.
· Some interruptions are present and may involve occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
· Travel or other inconveniences are minimal and usually have advance notice.
Job ID 2018-115933
Site Name TX-HOUSTON-HOUSTON TOWER
Category RETAIL BANKING - CORPORATE
Work Location US-TX-Houston
FLSA Status EXEMPT
Type FULL TIME
EOE Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.