BBVA Compass Fraud Investigator II in HOUSTON, Texas
At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct comprehensive, detailed investigations of all types.
• Conduct interviews with internal and external clients maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
• Must be familiar with state and federal statutes and the ability to conduct research of statutes to ensure compliance.
• Conduct training sessions for internal and external clients as necessary.
• Utilize bank systems and tools for obtaining information and documenting cases.
• Prepare investigative reports for law enforcement and/or bank management-- ensuring cases are documented in chronological order of events while only maintaining the facts therein.
• Ensure that cases that require regulatory filings are being referred to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
• Recover funds related to bank fraud through industry standard methods.
• Support lines of business within BBVA.
• Attend monthly meetings with law enforcement and other financial institution bank peers to identify fraud trends and fraud rings.
• Report “Real time” fraud related activity; ensuring that the affected BBVA area is being notified and provided fraud prevention tips.
• Multi-task and manage multiple cases at a time and maintain case closure Service Level Agreements within 30 days.
• Able to follow the direction of management.
• Serve as a mentor to less experienced investigators.
• Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of investigative experience in fraud, white collar crime, or related field, or a combination of education and experience.
• Hold a professional certification with ACFE, IAFCI, or other industry-recognized professional organization.
• Must maintain professional certifications in good standing.
• Successful completion of industry-recognized interviewing course-- The Reid Technique, Wicklander- Zulawski, or comparable.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate multiple computer programs and systems, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Mail.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must demonstrate a team mentality.
• Spanish bilingual preferred.
Job ID 2018-119093
Site Name TX-HOUSTON-1960 & ELDRIDGE
Work Location US-TX-HOUSTON
FLSA Status NON-EXEMPT
Type FULL TIME
EOE Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.